Re: Gmail questions

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 02:31 PM, Greg Wocher wrote:
First, if I create a label in gmail will that come down to my email program as a folder? I like sorting my mails into folders to make it easier to go thru.
-
Yes, labels in Gmail are implemented as IMAP folders in email clients accessing via IMAP, which is the vast majority of them these days.

And you can create filters using Gmail's webmail interface for same so that the filtering is done on the server side and will have everything sorted into the same label/folder no matter what device you're reading on.

See:  Creating IMAP Labels (Folders) and Filters for Gmail