Re: Gmail questions

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I am on several groups.io lists and I get a copy of my emails to the groups. In the past emails to the blindtech group would not come to me. they were on a different list serve. .

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Gmail questions

Some of us want it to come back to us.  You can always find that you sent something, but whether it reached the destination is an entirely different story.  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 10:32 PM

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 10:16 PM, Gene wrote:
With other groups. you won't have messages you send a group sent to you.
-
Gene, I am not arguing, in any way, with what you've said.  But what I will say is that I fail to understand even why that's needed.  The message is in your sent folder.  When you send e-mail to other individuals it does not come back to you, because you don't need it to - you sent it.

If someone answers a question sent to a group, then you'll see it, likely with that original message bottom quoted if it's a blind-centric group.

I just don't get why there's this belief that you can't trust email list services to send messages you send to groups to which you're subscribed out to the group.  I think I've had a couple of "burps" over a period of decades.  That's not worth worrying about.

AVG logo

www.avg.com