Trying to change log in email on facebook

Keith S

I am trying to change the log in email I use to access my facebook account.  I have added a new email to my accounta nd verified it as mine, but the following instructions from the facebook help center via the facebook page does not work:

To remove an email address:

1. Scroll to the bottom of Facebook and tap

Settings & Privacy.

2. In the

Account Settings section, tap Personal Information > Email Address.

3. Tap

Remove next to the email you'd like to remove.

4. You may be asked to re-enter your Facebook password. Enter your password and tap

Remove Email to confirm.

This is all done via a comptuer, not a smart phone, as the page states, so I am at a loss as to what to do, and we all know, no  ,  actual people work at facebook...soooooo....