Re: verizon and TMobile offering LTE fixed wireless home internet with no data caps

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

As an aside, for those "of a certain age" (read: 55 or older), T-Mobile offers its unlimited 55 Plus plans at great prices as far as I'm concerned.  My partner and I ditched our land line and our woefully slow DSL service and have been using the mobile hotspot feature of our phones as our exclusive internet service for just around 2 years now.

Even where we live, we have 4G LTE data service and that's way faster than what most home users need for what they do, and in our case that absolutely includes streaming Netflix while using the computers connected to the hotspots.

There is a cap of 20GB per line, per month, at 4G LTE speed but it drops to 3G speed after that.  During this period of the pandemic, when we're home much more than we typically would be, we sometimes run over that 40GB total, but still manage just fine for our computer use and since streaming from the phone is always at high speed, and I Chromecast that to our TV, that aspect is still fine, too.

You can also buy an additional 10GB of 4G LTE data for $10 per month, but I've never needed to do that based on our actual needs.