From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob Hudson
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2020 12:10 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Headphones Do not Enable When using
Multipurpose Jack

This laptop I have is equipped with one of those jacks that
are supposed to include both a headphone and microphone
component in one jack.
However, when I plug in a set of headphones, they do not
enable; instead, sound still comes from the laptop speaker.
I unticked the box that says, allow devices to take
exclusive control over this device, box in properties.
Unplugged and replugged the headphones.
No luck.
I disabled sound enhancements--although that likely wasn't
the cause.
No luck of course.
Realtek Drivers are updated.
Nothing.