Re: 5g and me

Gerald Levy

Start trembling.  A charger will set you back $40.  Plus another $40 for bluetoot earbuds, which are also not included, but you may need, anyway, because there is no headphone jack.  Oh, and didI mention a case and screen protector, probably another $60 or so.  And if you walk around with a white cane or guide dog harness in hand, a neck lanyard will come in handy, probably about $20.  And don't forget sales tax.  By the time you're finished, that $700 IPhone 12 Mini will wind up costing closer to $1000.  But hey, Tim Cook has taken a page out of the P.T. Barnum playbook: There's a sucker born every minute.  Blind consumers are no exception.

Gerald

On 10/14/2020 2:16 PM, Monte Single wrote:

Here is where I begin to tremble.

How much is a charger for the I phone 12?

I’ll likely have to go with a generic case!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: October 14, 2020 11:56 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] 5g and me

As long as you have a 4G phone, it is compatible with 5G networks, and you are not missing much of anything.  Unless you buy into the media hype and want to fork over $700 or more for a 5G IPhone 12, which, shockingly, does not come with a charger and like previous models, does not have a physical home key.  But, hey, it's your money.

Gerald

10/14/2020 1:46 PM, Monte Single wrote:

Hi List,

What am I missing if I do  not have a 5g phone?

Well, yes I know about the lightning fast uploads and downloads.

That is,  whenever my carrier actually gets 5g!!

Thanks,

Monte