Re: screwdriver set for opening laptop?

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Enes,

        I can't speak to your set, but in general, these bits are held in to the driver handles magnetically, and weak (but sufficient) magnetism is present in the bit to hold tiny screws.

        But that's different than screwdrivers that have magnetized tips, which is what you were discussing earlier.

         I have a very low cost precision screwdriver with LED lighting that holds the bits in it via magnetism, and it can and does hold on to the screws when I'm taking them out.  At least until I give the screw enough of a bump to knock it off the driver, which is very, very easy to do with tiny screws.