Re: 5g and me

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I agree with Mr. Judge that it is impossible for anyone who has not used two technologies that serve the same purpose, storage in this case, but behave very differently can understand or appreciate the differences as they exhibit themselves in practice.

There is a huge difference between overall performance on a system using an SSD versus an HDD, even a "fast" 7200 RPM HDD.  I don't know of a single person, no matter how "light" their usage is, that doesn't comment on how much more sprightly and immediate in response a system becomes when you go from an HDD to an SSD.

When it comes to computers in general they can only be as fast as the slowest link in the chain, and for years now the slowest link was disk seek behavior for HDDs.