Re: ram and SSD not detected by new laptop

Norman

Hello.

Pull one of the ram sticks and power on. If you get the same result, swap them out and do it again. I'm suspicious you have a bad ram stick.

If it still doesn't power on properly pull the ssd and try again. I assume this computer came with a ram and memory config. It might be worth restoring it to that config and then swap out the hardware piece by piece, doing the power up test after each piece to see what's bad.

On 10/17/2020 9:41 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
An update. So I swapped out the ram sticks, and both firmly inserted. The SSD also fit snugly. However when I plugged in a flash drive to install windows, and powered on the pc,  the fans spun up at max settings for a while, then stopped. When they spun up again, the logo briefly appeared, however, after I powered up the computer again, now the system will not display anything on screen. The fans spin up, then spin down periodically until I turn it off. Does anyone know of a solution for this? None of the indicators on the computer light up.
On 10/17/2020 12:57 AM, enes sarıbaş via groups.io wrote:
Hi all,

So when purchasing a laptop I  opted to buy my own ram modules and SSD. However, as I was inserting the modules for the first time, I  spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out the correct direction to insert them. However, when I did insert one, it firmly clicked into place. The second one only inserted backside up in the same position. The clips  latched on and hold it, but it seems to buldge a bit, and the clips didn't audibly click. When inserting the SSD, the  SSD slot was covered by a piece of plastic wrap. I unscrewed the screw, inserted into the MDOC2 slot and screwed the screw back on. However, the SSd was loose, and the plastic came loose. My question is,  what did I do wrong exactly with the SSD? And is that plastic wrap needed? I inserted it again, and it seems to be ok,  but the dirve isn't detected by bios iether. And only one of the ram modules is detected. What can I do about this? Do I pull the clips apart and press downward to seat the memory module. I assume it was inserted correctly, as it isn't possible apparently to insert ram the wrong way.