Re: NVDA is improved!

Gene

You can tab around and hear the fields announced. It automatically announces things like whomever has joined or left a meeting and who has sent a chat message. I don't recallif it reads it or if you have to read it yourself. and if you want to control what announcements are announced, you can get an NVDA add-on which lets you control such information.

I suspect, though I don't know this, that Zoom uses forced speech to have these announcements read. I doubt the screen-reader has anything to do with this. I can't support that guess other than to say it just sounds like forced speech messages from what is said and how, not messages scripted into the screen-reader.

From: g melconian
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2020 3:40 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io ; techtalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA is improved!

So how does it perform in zoom.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann
Parsons
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2020 4:15 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA is improved!

Hi all,

I used to have to switch to a different screen reader when I wanted to use
the BARD Express program because NVDA wouldn't read the entire anotation. I
also used to have to switch when doing anything having to do with lists
because NVDA would continually tell me the top item in the list before it
would voice the current one. This was annoying.

I find now, after the recent update, that both these problems have been
resolved! I'm a happy camper and I'm using NVDA almost exclusively.
Oh, and BTW, I like the way it behaves in Zoom!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring