Re: Help with very unusual issue with no solution thus far

Rick Alfaro

Dave, I think you might be right on the money. This is the only thing that actually makes sense to me. Your suggestion would probably prove this out for sure so I may try this at some point. I just occurred to me that I should probably try using the MS generic driver instead of the OEM one to see if that makes any difference. Thanks much.






Warmest regards


Rick Alfaro


From: <> On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help with very unusual issue with no solution thus far


Hi Rick,


If the only thing that changed on the system was the monitor and the Video Drivers, then looks like you've got a incompatibility issue with either Jaws and those New Drivers, or the Clipboard Software and those Drivers. 


JAWS does have a special ability to intercept Text information set through most Drivers.  And NVDA, I believe, does not have this ability, and so can't read this text in the normal way text sent to the screen might be read by a Screen Reader. 



Sounds like a very nice monitor, but to check this out better, uninstall those new drivers, and disconnect the New Monitor.  Install the old Video Drivers, and re-hook up the old Monitor.  If you once again can read everything you need, then looks like you've got a compatibility issues with those new Drivers.


Grumpy Dave


On 10/15/2020 12:05 PM, Rick Alfaro wrote:

Will attempt to describe this issue as best I can. I’ve brought this up with JFW support but no joy there.


This is on a very fast Cyber Power gaming PC running at 3.9 GHZ with 16GB of memory. The application exhibiting the issue Clipmate from ThornSoft development. ClipMate is a clipboard manager. This app has worked flawlessly for years now but things changed when I installed a 43 inch 4k monitor to replace a smaller one I had via and HDMI port provided on my video card.


After installing the larger monitor, JFW stopped tracking the program context menus with the window in a restored state. Maximizing the window with tracking somewhat for listviews but made no difference with the context menus. This pretty much has made the program fairly useless. I’ve tried bringing down the screen resolution from 2160 to 1080p which was what my old monitor was set to but it made no difference. I also updated the video card drivers directly from the OEM’s web site again with no difference.


If anyone has any other ideas, I’m all ears and will gratefully give them a try.






Warmest regards


Rick Alfaro


Join to automatically receive all group messages.