Re: NVDA is improved!

Quentin Christensen

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments.

Ron, out of curiosity, what does NVDA not work well with in Office?  There are a couple of isolated issues in PowerPoint and I'm not sure about Access, but otherwise, most of the issues in Office are issues with Office itself.

Enes,

Most times, when an issue takes a long time to be resolved, it is either because it is hard to reproduce, or hard to fix.  In some cases, problems only occur on particular hardware, or with certain other software (or versions of software) installed.  Unless an NVDA developer has that particular setup, it can sometimes be hard to diagnose.

NVDA does a number of things differently to other screenreaders.  In some cases, the end user wouldn't notice a difference .  In some cases, it has given NVDA an advantage - NVDA worked well with Windows 10 and the original Microsoft Edge, long before any other screenreader for instance.  In some cases, it goes the other way.  Something which a user might complain "just works" with another screenreader, simply can't be done in NVDA without a large amount of work.

In any case, I'm glad to hear it has improved in NVDA 2020.3!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 5:55 AM enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:
Ok what I am about to say  might make some folks angry but. Why did it
take so long  to fix NVDA and microsoft word lag issues? This has been
an issue ever since  I used Microsoft office,  with NVDA, and my tickets
that I opened about it, I was told it was just my computer and not the
fault of NVDA. Do I need a xeon or threadripper processor to run
microsoft word with NVDA?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager