locked Re: Amazon: Am I the only one that feels this way?

Rob Hudson

Not entirely true. It has been scientifically demonstrated that learning becomes more difficult as the brain ages. Should I dig up some nice medical articles for perusal?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 07:01:23 -0700
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Amazon: Am I the only one that feels this way?

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 07:57 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

I am a senior who finds touchscreens difficult to impossible to master for
a variety of reasons, and so like many other blind consumers, prefers a
cell phone witha tactile keypad.
-
Difficult is not "impossible."

The argument that something the vast majority can use, and I include blind individuals in that vast majority, means it's accessible.  Most smartphones have not had hard home buttons for years now, nor have tablets, etc.

And the "I'm a senior" bit holds absolutely, positively no water.  You can teach an old dog new tricks if said dog is willing to learn them.

*Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.*