locked Re: Amazon: Am I the only one that feels this way?

Gerald Levy

Wrong.  The leading cause of vision loss in seniors is age-related macular degeneration,which is largely untreatable, not cataracts, which are treatable.  So yes, there will certainly be a surge in baby boomers who experience sight loss in the coming years and need help to remain independent.

Gerald

On 10/19/2020 10:58 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 10:40 AM, brian wrote:
We will not be just asmall minority they are not getting prepeared for this.
-
Yes, you will.  The prevalence of blindness may increase (and, given treatments for cataracts these days, even that's unlikely, since that's the "primary acquired blindness of aging") it will still be a very small minority of the population as a whole that is blind or visually impaired.