locked Re: Amazon: Am I the only one that feels this way?

Gerald Levy

"Small" is a relative term.  If millions of baby boomers experience sight loss due to AMD, glaucoma or other causes,in the coming years as many experts have predicted, then this is more than a "small" minority.  And what about all those baby boomers who will invariably experience serious complications from the Corona virus if they are lucky enough to survive and need ongoing help in the near future? Who is going to take care of them?

Gerald

On 10/19/2020 11:54 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:44 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:
So yes, there will certainly be a surge in baby boomers who experience sight loss in the coming years and need help to remain independent.
-
But that's not what the central assertion was.  Even with a surge, the proportion of the population at large, including among the baby boomers, who are blind or visually impaired will still remain a small minority.

It may be a larger small minority, but it will still be a small minority.

And I'll happily stand corrected on macular degeneration being the leading cause of vision loss among seniors.  It's probably assumed that position since cataracts have become almost, though not entirely, completely treatable making their effects reversible.  I know that's not true of MD, at least not now/yet.