locked Re: Amazon: Am I the only one that feels this way?

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 02:14 PM, Norman wrote:
they should also grant those less scared of covid the right to not where masks, stay home, go to events, etc.
-
I suggest you read a bit more on both novel pathogens and on liberty and freedom (as opposed to license, which is what you propose).  John Stuart Mill, in On Liberty, had this to say, "liberty . . . of framing the plan of our life to suit our own character; of doing as we like, subject to such consequences as may follow; without impediment from our fellow-creatures, so long as what we do does not harm them even though they should think our conduct foolish, perverse, or wrong. . ., within the same limits, of combination among individuals; freedom to unite, for any purpose not involving harm to others: the persons combining being supposed to be of full age, and not forced or deceived."

Note well, "so long as what we do does not harm them [our fellow-creatures]" and, "not forced or deceived."

If you honestly believe that not wearing masks when in public, social distancing, and other pandemic related steps are necessary to protect others from harm, you are literally ignoring all available data.  And if you believe that, for whatever reason, you have been deceived.