Re: I can't erase books from my Victor Reader Stream.

Gene

It sounds to me as though, in some way, a file became interlinked with other files.  In other words, something happened and more than one file shares allocation chains that only one file should share.  I don't have the technical knowledge to discuss the technical aspect further.  I think this kind of problem is very rare but it sounds to me as though that is what happened.

Its been a long time since I've seen anything about this but I believe the term is linked or interlinked, I don't recall which.

I saw this a long time ago and I think I only saw it once when I was using Windows 3.1 and I got a system faulted message.  Using scan disk found a lot of interlinked files.

Gene

On 10/20/2020 8:56 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
I have a booksense that George won as a doorprize from our 2011 state convention.  I can delete everything except one book.  When I go to delete it, it tells me if I delete it, I may delete some of the operating information along with the book.  That makes no sense to me, but since I was afraid I'd ness it up, that book is there. Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 8:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I can't erase books from my Victor Reader Stream.

This is the same card I've had for two years, and I have 150 books on it. So, I might have to do something like that.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Curtis Delzer
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 7:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I can't erase books from my Victor Reader Stream.

make sure the tab on the card is not slid to the protected position. or, if the tab is missing you might be able to use tape, or copy the cards'
contents to your computer and throw away that card.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@calweb.com

On 10/20/2020 3:53 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
The subject says it. I took the card out and was able to erase one.
But there is this one that simply will not erase.

What can I do, please?

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.