From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 3:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] edge

To tell the truth, I'd be shocked if Facebook itself is forcing Edge.

In virtually all cases, though there are some very rare exceptions, opening of URLs in a browser will occur in whatever browser you have set as the default web browser in Settings, Apps, Default Apps.

Microsoft did, long ago, switch its own "out of the box" and "as a result of certain updates" setting for default browser to Edge.  I changed that to Brave on my own system.

Every once in a blue moon, though, I will have certain Microsoft webpages force a URL they open to open in Edge.