Help needed regarding setting security options in Gmail

Duke

Hi guys,
I have encountered a problem lately. I have outlook express on my windows 7 laptop that I have been using until a bout a couple weeks when I started using my desktop which also has windows 7 but with mozella thunderbird. Being a newby in thunderbird, thereare certain things that i do with outlook express that I don't how to carry them out in thunderbird. So, yesterday I went back to my laptop to do those tasks in outlook express only to find out that google is blocking me from accessing my account stating that it does not allow a less secure third party application to access my account. I actually have two mail accounts. the main one which I have configured on both my laptop/outlok express and desktop/thunderbird has no issues. my second account which is only configured on my laptop/outlook express is the one being blocked now. I tried to configure it in thunderbird on my desktop. The same issue persisted. It was blocked due a less secure third party email client. I also tried to tell google to accept less secure applications, but to no avail. Any Ideas please?
Thanks in advance
Douk