From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 4:22 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Accessible free PC driver upgrade software

Third-party driver updaters are to be avoided like the plague.  There are only three safe sources of driver updates, and "safe" does not mean there may not be an occasional problem, just that your machine will not have any likelihood of getting something you really don't want like malware, adware, viruses, etc.:

1. Windows Update

2. Your computer manufacturer's support pages, driver's and downloads section, or driver updater software they supply, e.g., HP Support Assistant, Toshiba Service Station, and similar.

3. A specific component in your computer's manufacturer, on its support pages or via its driver updater software, e.g., Intel Driver and Support Assistant.