Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Needing a Command to read if a letter is Capitalized

Mike,

I’ve played with both ideas and have screwed thing  up pretty bad. What is the easiest way to undo changes?

Thanks,

Al

#1:

1. Open the Settings Center with, Jaws / Insert key + 6, on the number row,
& press, control, shift + D, to open Settings Center default all
applications
2. Arrow down to Speech & Sound Schemes, right arrow to open.
3. Arrow down to, Modify Schemes...., & press the spacebar to open.  Don't
press enter here!  Pressing enter will close the Settings Center.  Also make
note of what scheme is highlighted as the default scheme.
4. Tab to, edit selected scheme button, & press the spacebar.
5. You should be on the, General Page / tab so, control + tab to the Misc. page / tab, & tab 1 time into the list of options.
 Arrow down to, Cap             Speak text           Using SingleCapVoice
tab 1 time to a list of choices, arrow up / down to, Speak Item checked.
6. Tab 1 time to, select voice alias button, and press the spacebar to open this list of voice options to speak, Cap, for capitol letters.  Tab to, Okay
press the spacebar, tab to, Text edit and Type in the word, Cap, or whatever you want spoken for capitol letters, and tab to, Okay, and press the spacebar.
7. Tab to, save selected scheme button, and press the spacebar.  Tab to, Okay, press the spacebar, tab to, Okay and press enter to save and close.
8. Unload Jaws and reload Jaws for the change to take affect.

#2:
From: Marquette, Ed

One way is to switch the speech scheme.  If you switch to proof reading (attributes) you will hear "cap" instead of the pitch increase.
The down side is that you also get attribute changes; however, you get a voice change, not announcement of "bold" "underline" and so on.
One could modify that scheme so it just says cap, but I've never taken the time to do that.
Ed