Re: Warning about strange browser popups

Sylvia <sylvia0647@...>

Hi Matt, just so I understand, are you suggesting that I set up another user account and set it as standard user?

Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 10:44 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Warning about strange browser popups

Hi, run mile ware bites as soon as possible you are infected. I got this ran a virus scan from several virus programs and showed up nothing but ran mile ware bites and it got it and gave a solution to remove the mile ware. Since then and that has been a few years back I don’t run myself as admin anymore either. I run myself as standard user and have admin account for installing things and such . Most things cannot run or install if you don’t run yourself as admin. You have to give it permission and put in your admin user name and password for it to run. JST

Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 9:38 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Warning about strange browser popups

Hi list, I hope this message isn’t off topic but I wanted to warn people about some rather strange browser popups. I was doing a google search yesterday and I got a strange error message that stated that there was suspicious behavior associated with my account. I was given a phone number to call so that a Microsoft technician could assist me in solving the problem. Does anyone know if these messages have anything to do with malware? I’ve done a scan and nothing was found. No, I’m not going to call the number either. lol

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.