Re: new computer

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 06:38 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
I would respectfully disagree.
              And we shall have to agree to do so.  Most of my clientele has older machines, and these days "older machines" by and large that aren't ancient machines have Intel i-series processors.  I don't have any of them crying that their system performance has changed for their day to day use in such a way as they'd even notice.

In fact, I would suggest getting an AMD machine to stop this, and avoid a bulk of speculative execution vulnerabilities.
On that we can agree.  Every machine in my house, bar one that is truly ancient, sports an AMD APU in it.  And all are still usable, though the A6 and A8 certainly don't feel "zippy" anymore, but those two machines also still have HDDs, too, so that factors in.