Re: frustrated with edge

Gene

Are you saying that JAWS won't copy from the web page if you choose that setting using Edge? Copying from the virtual PC cursor may be what people want to use in general, but the other option, copying from the web page, I don't remember what JAWS calls it, is important if you are ssharing something with a sighted person and want it to look as much like the web page as that setting allows.

Also, if you copy from the virtual PC cursor, all the useless nonsense so many people allow such as start of list, end of list, start bloc quote, end bloc quote, and everything else that is just clutter when reading, will be included in the copy. Some people may want such information when navigating a web page, but in copied text, its just clutter. I don't want to impose it on blind people for no reason, nor on sighted people.

From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2020 8:40 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] frustrated with edge

When you have Edge open put in a search term and press enter to get a page loaded or you won't get the correct options showing in the next step.
Now press, Insert + V, to open the quick settings.

Down arrow to Virtual cursor options and right arrow to open if it's closed.

Down arrow to Select and copy... if it says Select and copy from Virtual cursor you're good, but if it says anything else press the spacebar to toggle through the settings until Jaws reports Select and copy from virtual cursor, now tab to Okay and press enter to save / close.

Down arrow to find

Take care and stay safe. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers & Rams!
Main's Law: For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.