Re: frustrated with edge

Gene

I'm not sure how to set the Brave browser to allow their own ads to be displayed.  You may have to do something to allow sites to be paid.  I read instructions but I couldn't figure out how to turn the features on I wanted to turn on.  What I read wasn't clear enough to let me know if accessibility had anything to do with the problem or not.  Others may know how to do these things.  If they can be done, I consider the Brave way of dealing with advertising to be more ethical than using an ad blocker with another browser.  Sites do deserve to make money from advertising.  but the amount of tracking that is done is an invasion of privacy.

Gene

On 10/25/2020 10:52 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 10:06 AM, Gene wrote:
Brave browser is, very likely a better browser. It helps you hnot be tracked, it substitutes its own ads for web site adevertisements
-
Only if you do the gyrations for Brave Rewards to allow that.  The normal behavior is ad-blocking, which is but one of the reasons I love Brave.

But one can use uBlock Origin in any Chromium-based browser that does not do its own ad-blocking or substitution if one wishes, and it does result in a zippier web browsing experience.