Re: frustrated with edge

Mike B.

 If you choose the, From Virtual Cursor option, this will copy the text without formatting.
This is the setting you're referring to, choosing the, Full Content Using Onscreen Highlight  option, this copies the text with formatting.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2020 7:25 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] frustrated with edge

Are you saying that JAWS won't copy from the web page if you choose that
setting using Edge?  Copying from the virtual PC cursor may be what people
want to use in general, but the other option, copying from the web page, I
don't remember what JAWS calls it, is important if you are ssharing
something with a sighted person and want it to look as much like the web
page as that setting allows.

Also, if you copy from the virtual PC cursor, all the useless nonsense so
many people allow such as start of list, end of list, start bloc quote, end
bloc quote, and everything else that is just clutter when reading, will be
included in the copy.  Some people may want such information when navigating
a web page, but in copied text, its just clutter.  I don't want to impose it
on blind people for no reason, nor on sighted people.