Re: frustrated with edge

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 02:56 PM, Gene wrote:
But if the commands work for other browsers, I wonder if the first step should be a reinstallation of the browser.
-
The answer to that question would be a definitive, "Yes," were we talking about a third-party browser program, e.g., Chrome, Brave, Vivaldi, Firefox, that the end-user installed.

When it comes to "shipped with Windows" it is possible to uninstall/reinstall or de-register/re-register specific apps, but it is, to me, a grand PITA to do so and requires comfort with either Command Prompt or PowerShell and using complex commands with switches, which many do not have.

Hence the reason I have folks use built-in utilities that are a lot more straightforward and, to be perfectly honest, more difficult to screw up, whether the person using them can see or not.

Since Edge is shipped with Windows . . .