Re: g key on my laptop

Blaster

Hi,

On many laptop keyboards the key can be flipped up to reveal a plastic
square ring with a hinged key cap and in the middle, a little rubber
pimple cup. The little rubber cup provides the bounce for the key. It
seems your keyboard uses a interlocking scissored hinge where the
hinge assembly itself provides the bounce for the key. The replacement
kits only cost about $5, but you'd need sighted assistance to identify
which variation of the key assembly you have, so you can buy the
correct one. Then getting them to help you replace the key itself
after it comes in the mail. It's not that it's difficult, it's more
like it's delicate work. If it was the rubber cup version I'd
encourage you to flip the key up and check the condition of the cup.
Repositioning the cup or even replacing the cup would be relatively
easy. However, On your laptop there are six interlocking thin wire
posts that interlock to create the hinged key, than it needs to be
carefully positioned over 4 little metal hooks on the board. You can
do a google search for "replacement laptop keys" to get more of an
idea on how this is done.

HTH,
Blaster

On 12/1/15, Adrien Collins <adriencollins22160@gmail.com> wrote: