From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Mike B
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2020 10:04 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] frustrated with edge

Ron and All,

There's a much better and easier way of copying amounts of text from a
website or from documents. The steps are below my note.

Note, In your browsers quick settings if you choose the, From Virtual Cursor
option, this will copy the text without formatting.
If you choose the, Full Content Using Onscreen Highlight option, this
copies the text with formatting.

A More Flexible Way to Copy Web Content to the Clipboard is using a
temporary placemarker.

In addition to using standard selection commands to select and copy content
from a Web page into the clipboard JAWS has another method for selecting
text. However, the steps to do this must be followed just as below in order
for this feature to work. Here is
how you must do it.

1. Move the virtual cursor to the beginning of the block of text you'd like
to copy. I usually do this at the beginning of the block of text but I
believe
that you can start at the end of the block.

2. Press ctrl+Windows+K. This sets a temporary place marker at the location
of the virtual cursor.

3. Move the virtual cursor to the end of the block of text to be copied.

4. Press the layered keystroke insert+spacebar.

5. Press the letter M (for mark.)

6. Press ctrl+C to copy the block of text to the clipboard.

7. Now you can paste this wherever you want.

From: Marquette, Ed
In fact, the Windows key is employed with a number of fantastic JAWS
keystrokes. One which I have come to use on an hourly basis is control plus
windows
plus k to mark a spot in a word document.
One may later jump back to that spot instantly with just windows plus k;
however, even more cool is the ability, in Word, to mark text from your
cursor
to the marked spot, and it doesn't matter whether, in the document, your
cursor is ahead of the marked spot or behind it or whether it is 4 words or
40
pages away. You mark text back to the marked spot with JAWS key plus space
bar and then m.
Then, you can use control c to copy or control x to cut or windows c to
append.
Try it! You'll like it!
Ed

Take care and stay safe. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers & Rams!
Main's Law: For every action there is an equal and opposite government
program.