Re: Repairing Windows

lynn white

I appreciate everyone's response to my question. I did the /scannow and found everything to be okay as far as Windows is concerned.

So now I have to look further as to how to solve my problem with Station Play List.

On 10/24/2020 1:14 PM, Norman wrote:
Hi.

From the desktop press windows q to open the search dialog. Type com and you should here command prompt. press applications or shift f10 to bring up the right click menu and press down arrow until you here run as administrator.

press enter and alt y if you get the user account control dialog.

now you should be in the command prompt.

type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

Wait for the command to complete, note, it could take a while.

There are other ways to get to the command prompt as well, feel free to use any one that you wish, but you do have to run it as administrator for the command to work.

HTH.

On 10/24/2020 1:35 PM, lynn white wrote:
I have Windows 10. Could someone give tips how to run the sfc / scannow command?