setting up a new iPhone from scratch

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I ordered a new iPhone SE 2020 today and it's supposed to ship in about 3 days so I'm expecting it likely early next week.

I ordered it through the TMobile store but it'll be shipped directly to me, and I'm trying to decide if I should take it back to the store when I get it and have them restore the backup I made from my old phone or if I can try to restore it myself. How difficult will restoring the backup be, and will that be all I'll need to do to get the phone working or will I need to do other things such as entering my 8-digit code from the old phone etc? I know that I'll likely have to put my fingerprint in again on the new phone but will there be anything else?

I remember when I received my first phone 4 years ago that I had to do the entire setup from scratch, and I remember being able to get voiceover going but then I had to have help from my sighted cousin to get things like the language set, my id code put in, etc. If I have to do the same thing with this new phone I'll just take it back to the store and have them help me. I've purchased I think 2 new phones since the first one 4 years ago and each time I had somebody at the store I bought it from help me get it going.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Troy