Re: setting up a new iPhone from scratch

Juan Gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

Apple has made it very easy to transfer things from a previous phone if both phones are running iOS 11. If not you can still restore from a backup. First make sure you backup your previous phone. Second when you get your new phone and are ready to start just press the home button three times to start voice over once you have turned the phone on. You will have speech throughout the setup process. Just follow the steps. You will need your wifi password, apple id and password, ect... good luck and congrats on the new phone.

Juan Gonzalez
jgonzalezh614@icloud.com
(224) 730-4896

On Oct 26, 2020, at 9:58 PM, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:

´╗┐Hi all,

I ordered a new iPhone SE 2020 today and it's supposed to ship in about 3 days so I'm expecting it likely early next week.

I ordered it through the TMobile store but it'll be shipped directly to me, and I'm trying to decide if I should take it back to the store when I get it and have them restore the backup I made from my old phone or if I can try to restore it myself. How difficult will restoring the backup be, and will that be all I'll need to do to get the phone working or will I need to do other things such as entering my 8-digit code from the old phone etc? I know that I'll likely have to put my fingerprint in again on the new phone but will there be anything else?

I remember when I received my first phone 4 years ago that I had to do the entire setup from scratch, and I remember being able to get voiceover going but then I had to have help from my sighted cousin to get things like the language set, my id code put in, etc. If I have to do the same thing with this new phone I'll just take it back to the store and have them help me. I've purchased I think 2 new phones since the first one 4 years ago and each time I had somebody at the store I bought it from help me get it going.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Troy