Re: Radio button issue

Walter Ramage

Hi.  Yes, I back up my important files and that would help with accidental deletions but there are times when I’ve deleted files but I’ve needed to go into the recycle bin and restore them.  It doesn’t happen often but I’d rather decide when I want to permanently delete files rather than have it done immediately without going to the recycle bin first.  I have my computer guy coming around tomorrow for another reason and I’ll ask him to take a look then.  Walter.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 28 October 2020 14:29
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Radio button issue

This won't solve your problem but it can eliminate its effects.  do you back up files?  I back them up and I don't have to worry about accidentally deleting something. 

Gene

On 10/28/2020 9:18 AM, Walter Ramage via groups.io wrote:

Hi.  Yes.  I have checked the delete confirmation but the option to send deleted files to the recycle bin is not accessible, not for me anyway.  The delete immediately option is checked and I can’t uncheck it.  Walter..

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: 28 October 2020 13:16

Are these the steps you are doing?

1. go to properties of recycle bin,
arrow up to radio button for settings for selected location, custom size.
2. tab once to setting for selected location maximum size
3. tab to display delete confirmation.  and check the check box with space bar. then tab to OK

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 8:48 AM

Hi.  Yes, I can arrow up and down but I can’t activate the buttons, or button.  Walter.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: 28 October 2020 12:22

Hi Walter,

Are you saying that you can't up or down arrow to the, Custom size, option?

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers & Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 4:08 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Radio button issue

Hi all.  Just discovered that the default setting in Win10 is that there is no delete confirmation dialogue and any deleted files are permanently deleted and don’t go to the recycle bin.

I changed the confirm dialogue but I can’t unselect the option to delete immediately.  I just can’t activate that radio button.  I have used Jaws, NVDA and Narrator but all without success.  Any suggestions how I can resolve this issue, other than getting sighted help?  With thanks.  Walter.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.