Re: Looking for a laptop replacement

Joe Orozco

Greg, thank you an incredible amount for being candid despite your
Apple preference. That sincerely helps me make a more informed buying
decision.--Joe

On 10/29/20, Greg Wocher <gtwocher@...> wrote:
Hello,
I am going to preface this by saying I am an apple fan. However, the Surface
would be much better for document editing on the go. It is still a hassle to
do that with an iPad especially if you are going to be using dropbox. It is
just not as easy as it is with a windows or Mac computer. It’s all the
sandboxing on the iPad that makes it a bit difficult. This is not to say
that you cannot do it on the iPad, it would just be easier on the surface.

Greg Wocher

On Oct 29, 2020, at 12:48 PM, Joe Orozco <jsoro824@...> wrote:

I'm going to be selling an HP Pavilion X360 2-in-1. My model has an 11
inch screen, 4 gigs RAM, and 128 gigs of SSD. The textured keyboard is
superb. I'm just looking for a little more horse power. I have only
used it a handful of times, and I still have the original box. I'd be
willing to sell it to you for $300 if you're interested. You can read
more about it at the link below. No big if you decide to pass, but I
thought I would offer it to you before posting it to the usual venues
for sell and trade.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/laptops/2-in-1s/pavilion-x360s-convertible-laptop.html

Joe

On 10/29/20, Mary Smith via groups.io <ms0120@...>
wrote:
The configuration I would get is the one with 4 gb of ram and a 128 gb
ssd. The keyboard cover is sold separately.

On 2020-10-29 12:20 p.m., Joe Orozco wrote:
What configuration are you looking at, and does it include the
keyboard cover?--Joe

On 10/29/20, Mary Smith via groups.io <ms0120@...>
wrote:
The surface go 2 would be perfect for me if it wasn't so expensive.
The
model I would choose is about $700 cad.

On 2020-10-29 12:12 p.m., Joe Orozco wrote:
How do you like the document editing functionality on the iPad? I'm
looking for a travel device to supplement my primary laptop, but my
fear is not having the same ease of use with opening and editing Word
files in Dropbox. I'm debating between the Surface and an iPad.
Thanks
for any added information. I hope this is not highjacking the thread.

Joe

On 10/29/20, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:
How about the ipad 8th gen from Apple, for $329. It works very good
and
has
a whole lot of keyboard command.