Re: Thunderbird help needed

Gene

I don't have a current version of JAWS on my computer because I haven't used JAWS for years. On my very old version, when I left arrow, I don't hear anything. Using NVDA, I hear the address I am on. If I left arrow more than once, I move to other addresses, one left arrow moves me to another address and if I left arrow again, I am on another address, etc. With JAWS, the only way I can hear the addresses is to left arrow once, press enter, use read current line to read the address, press escape, left arrow twice to get to the next address, press enter, use read to end, press escape, left arrow three times, press enter, use read current line, etc.

Others who use JAWS may have other suggestions.

From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 10:48 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Thunderbird help needed

I don't know how you solve the problem. NVDA reads the information if I
left arrow. It may be that using the read current line command, JAWS key
numpad 8 in the desktop layout, I don't know the laptop layout, may read it.
Or it may be that JAWS doesn't support that change in NVDA. I have another
suggestion but I'll wait to see what you report.