Re: Thunderbird help needed

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

By the way, this same issue has been raised on the NVDA group, and there are now a number of replies saying, "I'm not having that issue."  So, I'll say here what I said there . . .

As a general approach, when I hear people saying, "I'm not having a problem," while I am:

1. I do a repair install, if such is available, or download the latest installer and do an install-over install.  This will often correct a problem induced by a "burp" during a software update.

2. If Step 1 does not work, then an uninstall of the offending software, a system restart, then a reinstall using the latest installer, which I download before starting the process.  In many cases, and Thunderbird is one of those, uninstalling does not remove user settings unless you specify it do so.  So after a reinstall your accounts, etc., are still there.