Re: Looking for a laptop replacement

enes sarıbaş

Hi Brian,

The majority of laptops 15 inch now have done away with number pads or alot of keys in it to  add more touch eye candy, or bigger, shinier trackpads. Even my 17 had a paculiar layout with the arrows smashed in with everything else and a large insert sized windows key and a tiny insert key. I realized how much using a laptop keyboard was slowing my typing and got a mechanical external keyboard.

On 10/31/2020 1:38 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 02:29 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
I hardly if ever move it around, so portability or battery life aren't considerations.
-
Which is fine.  It's pretty clear that Mary is looking for portability from what she said herself, hence my reply included, "Were you not looking for increased portability."

I haven't seen many (any, that I can remember recently) 15-inch laptops that don't sport a number pad as part of their built-in keyboards.  And if I were a screen reader user full time, I wouldn't even consider a laptop without a numeric keypad as part of the built-in keyboard.  The 15-inch models are much easier to lug around.  Others, of course, may differ.