Re: outlook express adapted for windows 10

Gene

I don't know why you are having a problem. I would strongly recommend using Thunderbird portable. You can get it here:
https://portableapps.com/downloading/?a=ThunderbirdPortable&;n=Mozilla%20Thunderbird,%20Portable%20Edition&s=s&p=&d=pa&f=ThunderbirdPortable_78.4.0_English.paf.exe

I'm not recommending it because it works better than the installed version. I'm recommending it because if it ever develops problems, you can have a backup copy. You can simply delete the copy with the problem and copy the backup copy to the location where you run the program. Create a new backup copy periodically to keep it up-to-date, such as when the program updates itself.

Also, you can simply copy the program to another computer if you want to use it on another machine. You can run it on an external drive if you want to run it on someone's machine without placing the program on the machine.

I don't know why the program didn't run properly and I don't know if the portable version will. But if it does, I think the portable version is by far a better choice.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2020 5:12 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] outlook express adapted for windows 10

Hello Gene and Gerald

I actually tried to install Thunderbird before I asked the question but after installing I just heard "tab" whatever I do and it would not give me a chance to enter my credentials, maybe it is an old version. Can one of you perhaps give a link where I can download a version which will work?

Regards

Fanus

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] outlook express adapted for windows 10

I agree. Thunderbird is definitely the way to go in Windows 10. Forget about Windows Live Mail, which is no longer supported and may or may not continue to work in Windows 10 if you can even find a usable version somewhere online. The same is true of Outlook Express. The problem with both WLM and Outlook Express is that feature updates to Windows 10, which are now released every six months, may delete them and all their associated files, requiring them to be reinstalled each time. Also, there is no guarantee that a future update to Windows 10 won't break WLM or OE and cause them to stop working altogether. There is a paid email client called OE Classic which is similar to Outlook Express that works in Windows 10, but there have been mixed reports about its accessibility with JAWS and NVDA.

Gerald

On 11/4/2020 5:49 AM, Gene wrote:

Is there any particular reason you want to use Outlook Express? You may be able to find a version, but Thunderbird is not much different and it will probably run well on your machine.

-----Original Message----- From: Fanus
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2020 3:31 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] outlook express adapted for windows 10

Hello list
Is there such an adapted version or if not, where can I download a version
of Windows live male that wil run on a win10 laptop and accessible with
JAWS? I did google for a WLM version but it won't install.
Regards
Fanus

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.