Re: NVDA, A Space Hog

Blaster

Another option you may consider is WinDirStat, downloadable from
NiNite.com. This program is perfectly suited to do what you need.
When you launch the program your presented with a list of available
drives on your pc to scan. Pressing enter on your C: drive will start
the scan. The List box will fill up with all of the folders and files
on the root directory of your C: drive, sorting them with the biggest
ones on top by percentage of disk space used. For example, my "Users"
folder was on the top of the list as it was the largest one on my C:
drive. When you arrow to the right it expands the folder and presents
a list of the folders and files in that root folder, again listing the
largest ones on top. This program should zero in on your 80 gig
offending disk hog very quickly.

HTH,
Blaster

Quentin,

Thank you *very* much for "solving the mystery" I had not yet solved with
regard to using object navigation to activate that button. The text report
format, and the range of available formats in text, from SpaceSniffer are
definitely more screen reader user friendly than what comes in PDF from
TreeSize Free.

Although I have played with it some, object navigation still remains a
personal weak point in my NVDA world. I just don't seem to get the
relationships between objects in any clear way.

By the way, you may be able to explain this to me, why is it that NVDA "gets
trapped" in the report preview part of the ScreenSniffer report generation
process if you tab into it. Once I do that I cannot extract myself no
matter what I do. I have to either close that window and start again or
resort to sighted point and click to force my way out of that text box.
This is not something I've encountered before. I could be doing something
entirely wrong, but I have absolutely no idea what that might be.

*Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely
fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.*