From: Carlos [mailto:carlos1106@nyc.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 6:50 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Warning about strange browser popups

MSE does not rate very high in the detection ratings. And I lost faith in
it when Microsoft specifically stated in an article a couple of years ago
that they had decided to stop focusing their efforts on making MSE a
first-rate virus scanner in favor of offering their research results to
third-party antivirus venders. Of course, they had made this change in
policy a couple of years before that article was even written without
announcing it to the general public. In other words, for at least a couple
of years users of MSE were receiving less protection than they expected
without ever having been informed. Very questionable in my opinion.
From: "Sylvia" <sylvia0647@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 15:36:15 -0500

Hi Beth, I have MSE and just did a full scan. Nothing was found.
I will run
malware bites later.

From: "Sylvia" <sylvia0647@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 09:38:19 -0500

Hi list, I hope this message isn't off topic but I wanted to warn people
about some rather strange browser popups. I was doing a google search
yesterday and I got a strange error message that stated that there was
suspicious behavior associated with my account. I was given a phone number
to call so that a Microsoft technician could assist me in solving the
problem. Does anyone know if these messages have anything to do with
malware? I've done a scan and nothing was found. No, I'm not going to call
the number either. lol