from either of the ssubjectline, or, body of mesage,

request delivered  receipt=alt+p/u

request read receipt alt+p/q

create message rule,

applications key, s/u

so, applications key,

s=message rules sub-menu,

u=create rule

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:30 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] outlook express adapted for windows 10

I wanted to say outlook express works great as long as you back up your e-mail manually because when ever windows updates, you lose the outlook express folder. So I am not saying do not use the program,  just be prepared to manually back up your e-mails manually! So saying, I want to suggest one use 2 programs on their machine just incase one program stops working for what ever reason, you still have access to your e-mails till you get the other program to work again. Just remember outlook express is quite old and would expect to have issues. I wish outlook had a slim  version for checking e-mails. I do not need a lot of stuff in Microsoft outlook. Wish it had more keyboard shortcuts instead of always have to use the minues to make selections. Example, message receits and program rules. Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 1:53 PM

That may  be, but I'd like to have others who use the program comment, since you may have seen some messages from people who do while the majority of people don't but have been less, perhaps far less, likely to complain since things are working well.  Whatever the case, I think its a much better idea to use Thunderbird portable now so that when you switch to Windows 10, you can simply copy the program to the new machine and have everything there, with the possible exception of message rules, I don't know if they will transfer.  If you find the program doesn't work well, you can always use something else then and you may save yourself work if it does.  What could be easier than just copying the folder to a new machine?  You won't even have to set up your account again and if you are using pop3, all your messages will transfer as well.  If you aren't using pop3, all your messages will appear on the new machine if you use IMAP that are still on the server.  I don't know with IMAP accounts if mail is generally kept on the server or removed over time.  But if you save mail on your local machine, using the local folders provided in the program. all that mail will transfer to the new machine when you copy the program. 

Gene

On 11/4/2020 1:40 PM, Andy wrote:

It seems like many people have issues with Thunderbird and JAWS under Windows 10.

Andy

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2020 3:09 AM

I agree.  Thunderbird is definitely the way to go in Windows 10.  Forget about Windows Live Mail, which is no longer supported and may or may not continue to work in Windows 10 if you can even find a usable version somewhere online.  The same is true of Outlook Express.  The problem with both WLM and Outlook Express is that feature updates to Windows 10, which are now released every six months, may delete them and all their associated files, requiring them to be reinstalled each time.  Also, there is no guarantee that a future update to Windows 10 won't break WLM or OE and cause them to stop working altogether.  There is a paid email client called OE Classic which is similar to Outlook Express that works in Windows 10, but there have been mixed reports about its accessibility with JAWS and NVDA.

Gerald

On 11/4/2020 5:49 AM, Gene wrote:

Is there any particular reason you want to use Outlook Express?  You may be able to find a version, but Thunderbird is not much different and it will probably run well on your machine.

-----Original Message----- From: Fanus
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2020 3:31 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] outlook express adapted for windows 10

Hello list
Is there such an adapted version or if not, where can I download a version
of Windows live male that wil run on a win10 laptop and accessible with
JAWS? I did google for a WLM version but it won't install.
Regards
Fanus

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.