Re: outlook express adapted for windows 10

Kimsan

I did this a long time ago using outlook 2016. I think someone accomplished it using outlook 2010 or 2013. Not sure as it was seven years ago lol.

alt v and tab to view settings and press enter.

2. Tab to group by and press enter.

3.  Uncheck the box that states automatically group according to arrangement. (That is the first checkbox after clicking group by.

4.  Now tab once to a combo box and expand it. Look for conversation.

5. Now tab all the way down to where it says expand/collapse. There use the down arrow key until you hear all collapsed.

6.  Tab to the ok button and press enter.

7. Now head over to sort which is right after the group by and press enter.

8.  where it says sort items by edit combo, change it to from. I'm not sure what the default was it might be received.

9. Tab to ok, and the second ok button to activate it with spacebar.

Please note, step 8, some might object to it being set on from, but when I set it to receive or anything else, it read everyone’s names in the conversation, but with setting it to from, it just read conversation collapse, and I had to right arrow and there was the list of emails.

Toy around with it.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube artist channel at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA

Also, you may follow me on twitter:

https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 10:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] outlook express adapted for windows 10

Would you please give steps to how this is done?!  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2020 9:57 PM

In outlook, it can be modified as such to where it will not state everyone’s name when in conversation view.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube artist channel at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA

Also, you may follow me on twitter:

https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brent Harding
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 9:24 PM

I went to regular Outlook now, but I just don’t like how it does conversation threading compared to how Outlook Express did it. You have to hear the names of all the people in the thread instead of, info for first message, subject, collapsed, which is how OE did it. I use imp, and for whatever reason when I had an issue and had to re-create the account in Outlook, I can’t get to the deleted items folder to dump the messages. I can do it from web mail, but I have to be careful, or the server starts to give those errors about too much memory allocated. I wish I could set it up that anything I delete is really gone a week after I delete it, but that’s probably harder than its worth. With OE, it never went to a delete folder, and I’d just hit purge from the edit menu to tidy up the mail box, so the garbage didn’t fill up the server space allowed.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 5:10 PM

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 03:29 PM, heather albright wrote:

just be prepared to manually back up your e-mails manually!

-
Or simply use IMAP access rather than POP, which keeps your email archive on your provider's servers and you need not worry about backups (because, believe me, the data centers of email service providers do).

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.