From: Matt [mailto:matt.from.florida@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 8:25 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Warning about strange browser popups

Well, this was just talked about on the BGZ list and you can always find
ratings to say this or that or this or that . I don't put a lot of faith in
these ratings. I like to just try it out for myself and see. You can always
find a rating to support what you think. Besides what you are talking about
MS withdrew that statement and what is defender on W10 it is really nothing
but MSE. But here again no ante virus or anything else is going to do any
good if you don't use good security practice . All these are tools to help
you and if you don't use them right it don't matter how good their rating
is. But not going to get into a battle over anti-virus as I use what I use
and have never had any problem with it . MSE has always done me good with my
security practice and knowing what to watch out for and the biggest thing is
keeping windows update up to date and not running myself as admin. Most all
programs cannot install if you don't give it permission and if you are not
running yourself as admin then the program will have to ask you to install
and run and fit don't have admin rights it cannot install and run.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

From: "Sylvia" <sylvia0647@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 15:36:15 -0500

Hi Beth, I have MSE and just did a full scan. Nothing was found.
I will run
malware bites later.

From: "Sylvia" <sylvia0647@gmail.com
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 09:38:19 -0500

Hi list, I hope this message isn't off topic but I wanted to warn
people about some rather strange browser popups. I was doing a google
search yesterday and I got a strange error message that stated that
there was suspicious behavior associated with my account. I was given
a phone number to call so that a Microsoft technician could assist me
in solving the problem. Does anyone know if these messages have
anything to do with malware? I've done a scan and nothing was found.
No, I'm not going to call the number either. lol