Re: using Thunderbird to send group email

Nancy Hill

Thanks, but my list would be less than 30.  I have just tried a test list and asked for responses if my friends got my note...I have received a number of replies.  I am using the BCC field.

Thanks to all!

On 11/8/2020 12:59 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 09:15 AM, Gene wrote:
U would, I would think, want to use the BCC field.
-
Or the CC field if are trying to start what I'll call "a mailing circle," in which case CC is where everyone would be able to see everyone else who's been mailed.

If you want no one who's mailed to know who else has been sent the message, then I recommend sending it back to yourself in the To: field and putting all other recipients in the BCC field.

Be warned, though, that most e-mail service providers do have a limit on how many addresses can appear in any one of the "recipient" fields, as a form of spam control.  You could, at one time, put, say, 200 email addresses in the BCC field, do a send, and all would be well.  If you try that now, the message will often be bounced back to you.  You sometimes have to play the game of pairing down the list until you hit the size your email service provider allows, then send several copies of that message to however many members of what had been your original list of recipients that you can send to in any single message.