Re: Root Directory Limit

Gene

In case there might be any misunderstanding, I didn't write what I did to be personally critical. I was saying that letting things sit for long times usually accomplishes nothing and may, as in this instance, place unnecessary wear on something. I'm trying to encourage you not to follow that practice. I wwrote what I did for that reason, not to be personally critical of what you did.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2020 7:34 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Root Directory Limit

Can you copy files to other folders on the drive? Its up to you what you do
but you let the computer run, accomplishhing nothing for perhaps ten or
twelve hours. I don't think the disk activity did any harm, drives are
intended to work over a long period of time with a lot of use, but even so,
you made it work for nothing for hours. Why even take a small chance of
placing wear on a drive?