Re: Ebay New Visual Test for Login

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Rich,

           When I get one of these when running NVDA, the first thing landed on, which isn't labeled particularly well, is announced as "Clickable," and is the button to play an audio challenge instead, and when it goes to the audio challenge screen the button you're on is the Play button for the audio challenge, which for me has been a digit sequence.  It really helps if you turn screen reader speech off just before you activate the play button, otherwise it's impossible to understand the challenge digits.

            What amazes me is that the buttons that are intended to give those who can't solve the visual puzzle another way to verify are not identified at all well.  Why go to all this trouble if you're not going to let a screen reader user know precisely what they've landed on?!

        ~ Madonna