Re: Outlook 2010 Help Please.

Gene

It is asking for information to set up your account. Modern e-mail programs try to set up your account automatically, if you let them. Use the e-mail address you use for your account and the password you use. In other words, this isn't a create new account feature. It is trying to set up your existing account.

You may update when you want. There is nothing wrong with waiting until you finish setting things up.

From: Janet
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 9:16 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Outlook 2010 Help Please.

Hi Gene and All,
Ok I finally got to download Thunderbird by looking through Brave settings to see if I could find some settings about that annoying message saying this file can harm your PC, and that took me to the downloads I have downloaded for yesterday, and I came across a message saying Thunderbird has been cancelled, so I tabbed again, and came across an option to try download again, so I did, and sure enough, with in maybe 2 or 3 minutes, Thunderbird was downloaded! Although, I did still get the message about this file can harm my PC, and I still couldn't find any way to answer that question, so I pressed the JAWS key, and found a disregard or keep option, so I entered on that, and that allowed Thunderbird to finish downloading! LOL! So now, I am going through the set up process. Thunderbird is asking me for my name, and an email address. My question is can I select any email address I want? I don't have to put in my Outlook email address, or do I?
I am also getting a message saying there is an update for Thunderbird, and it wants me to update to that new version. Do I need to update that?

Janet