Re: perkins braillers out of stock or discontinued?

heather albright

I saw them being sold off the perkins site for 800 dolalres. They are either gray or blue! So do not think their out of stock. The price seems way high but, I have had mine for 37 years or so I think. I saw some of ebay too! Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 7:49 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] perkins braillers out of stock or discontinued?

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 08:42 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Perhaps the covid or coronavirus is really affecting the manufacturing and shipping of standard and electric perkins braillers?

-
It's affecting the manufacturing and shipping of huge numbers of things, so it's not at all surprising that a niche market item would be hit hard.

Right now computer spare parts are getting harder and harder to come by, and prices have risen accordingly, due to both Covid-related issues and the trade war initiated by our sitting president with China.  Since China is currently "the manufacturer for the world" of all sorts of component parts of all sorts of things, if you're a US manufacturer you're hit on two fronts.

        ~ Madonna