Re: Microsoft Edge question

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 11:00 AM, Gene wrote:
I suspect that in general, browsers that allow you to make short cuts make them to open in the browser.
-
Actually, most don't.

In browser "add shortcuts to desktop" functions generally add webpage shortcuts, without any direct specification of the browser to be used to open same.  There are exceptions, as you've noted, but they are exceptions.  Most of the time whatever is set as the default web browser is what will open any one of them.

While you can force opening in a specific web browser simply by specifying the browser program to be used as part of the shortcut, very few people ever do.  You can see how that's done for a shortcut created by a Browser that uses that technique, e.g., Brave.

The few desktop shortcuts I do have for web pages are now all defaulting to Brave because it is my default browser.  They were created long ago when Brave was not my default browser.

        ~ Madonna