Windows 10 Login Always Wants a PIN or Password

Steve Matzura

After a recent Windows 10 update, most likely the one to 20H2 19042 build 630, one of my Windows 10 systems insists on requiring me to log in with either a PIN or my Microsoft account password. Neither of my systems used to do this, and I want to stop the one that is doing it now from so doing. Snippets from the Web tell me to turn off the checkbox in NETPLWIZ that says" "Require a username and password to use this computer." I did that, but still the request for a PIN is displayed. What's the real remedy for this?

Thanks in advance.